ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING PLUS FRAMING FAIR Wednesday March 28th
1. We need to appoint the Committee members for this next year, including a Chairman
since Kate Rodrigues is standing down. To see the present Committee click here Mary
Maskell is collecting nominations. Please contact her if you would like to nominate
yourself or someone else (with their permission).
2. There will be changes to the constitution, including new procedures to conform
with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. It will be necessary for us to
obtain your permission for us to store safely and use your contact details, photographs,
videos, etc. of yourself and your artwork. You have legal rights over how we use that
3. Help us decide how to celebrate the golden anniversary of Totton Art Society.
After the business of the AGM and refreshments we will focus on framing.
ALSO - after the AGM
1. FRAME SALE David Ridler, owner of First Floor Gallery Picture
Framing at Hunts Farm Michelmersh
David will give us the professional low-down on framing and will be bringing a selection
of frames for sale.
2. FRAMING FAIR Members bring samples of their frames
Framing can be daunting if you have never been shown how to do it.
if you are an experienced artist please bring a framed sample of your work, with
the back fully finished with D-rings, cord and labels. Hopefully there will be a
variety of media: watercolours, drawings, mixed media, pastels, acrylics and oils.
We will lay them out and the idea is to share information and tips about finishing
work for sale.
3. BRING & BUY
You are welcome to bring your unwanted art equipment, magazines, DVDs, etc. to this
meeting to be sold in aid of T.A.S. funds. Please clearly label them with a suggested
price. This is a good chance to have a ‘clear-out’!